Welcome to our beta page for Asymptote for Educators. Our mission is to equip university and high-school educators with the tools they need to bring literature from all over the globe into the classroom. The world is a gloriously diverse place. We want students to experience its literary, linguistic and cultural wealth to the fullest extent possible.
WHAT WE BRING
For every new Asymptote issue, we release an educator’s guide for those wanting to teach pieces from that issue. Each guide offers a thematic breakdown of that issue’s content, relevant information about the context of various pieces, and possible discussion questions and exercises.
Our Spring 2019 educator's guide is now live here! You can also download our educator's guides to our Winter 2019, Fall 2018, Summer 2018, Spring 2018, Winter 2018, Fall 2017, Summer 2017, Spring 2017, Winter 2017, Fall 2016, Summer 2016, and Spring 2016 issues.
Sounds good? We’re just warming up!
Our plans for future resources include:
- A brand-new educator's blog, parallel to Asymptote’s existing blog, and full of dynamic, interactive materials to support teaching and learning
- Articles written by our team, as well as links to outside articles, intended to stimulate conversation about the benefits, challenges, and questions unique to the teaching of global literature in diverse classrooms
- Contributions from passionate, experienced educators
- Stories from the classroom
- Creative ideas about how to teach specific Asymptote content
- Innovative pedagogical perspectives about global literature in particular classroom contexts
- Questions and solutions submitted by you—our literary hivemind!
- Materials contributed by students themselves, e.g. assignments created in response to Asymptote content
- We would love to consider including any resources that you suggest to us!
LEND A HAND
Does the prospect of students engaging with literature from around the world excite you? Do you have fresh ideas and useful insights for educators who want to teach world literature? You can help us! We’re currently seeking:
- New team members with a passion for pedagogy and world literature who are willing to commit their time and expertise on an ongoing basis.
- Contributors willing to share their thoughts and experiences about teaching world literature via written pieces for the Asymptote for Educators website.
- Feedback from educators on the material we’ve provided so far. What do you find useful about our Educator’s Guides and what could be improved? What do you think of the material on our site? What issues in teaching world literature could we address? What topics could we cover? Let us know what you think. We’re all ears!
If you’re interested in any of the above roles, or if you’d like to give us feedback, please contact us at email@example.com.
More specifically, if you can provide us with feedback about our Educator’s Guides, we’d love you to fill out this survey.
Last but not least, help us spread the word to as many educators as possible. Thank you!